The Matilda was developed as a heavily armored infantry tank and was the British Army's main tank in North Africa during WWII. It swept aside Italian opponents and was respectfully called the “Queen of the Desert” by German forces. During Operation Battleaxe to lift the siege of Tobruk in June 1941, German forces famously used their 88mm AA guns in the anti-tank role as they were the only effective counter against Matildas. The Matilda wrote her name into the history books as a highly effective tank which continually proved her worth during many fierce battles throughout North Africa.
- This is a 1/35 scale plastic assembly kit of the Matilda Mk.III/IV.
- Length: 174mm, Width: 72mm. The Matilda's form has been richly reproduced based on a detailed study of the actual tank.
- The turret, gun mantlet, and front hull feature a realistic cast metal texture.
- The mechanically complicated suspension also has a detailed finish.
- Belt and assembly type tracks included.
- 3 types of North African markings included.
- 1 full body commander, 2 torso (loader and driver) figures included.